Garnier BB Nude Cream - Product Review

I saw this cream a couple of weeks ago when I was picking up something else and it was on sale so I thought, ‘why not?’

It advertises itself as a 5-in-1 beauty enhancer
-         - Zero make up feel
-         - Auto adjusts to skin tone
-         - Blurs imperfections
-         - 24H hydration
-         -  UV protection

I’m not a major make up kinda girl so there are many days where I don’t want a full face of make up, but sometimes I do want something more than nothing, for example to work or days like today when all I’ve done is pop to the shops. My skin is also on the drier side of normal so 24hour hydration sounded good to me!

Unfortunately I’m a bit disappointed in this product.

I was impressed that it comes out of the tube as a white moisturiser and changes to match your skin tone as you apply it – especially as I’m quite pale and most generically coloured products look orange on me!

Other than that I didn’t feel like it lived up to expectations – or at least what I was expecting of it.

Zero make up feel – I felt like I was putting foundation on to be honest. Maybe this is because I usually only wear a thin layer anyway so if you wear a heavier layer then perhaps this would be true for you.
Blurs imperfections – half true for me I suppose. One of my biggest imperfections is under eye circles which this did not help with in the slightest! But it did tame an angry red spot (which may have been caused by this cream in the firstplace?)

24hr hydration – I feel like my skin actually became drier after using this! Instead of replacing my morning moisturiser I’ve found I’ve had to apply moisturiser when I’ve come home in the evening to fix my face after wearing the BB Cream.


So all-in-all I’m a bit disappointed in the cream. I won’t be buying another one but I will probably keep using this one until it runs out because I do like feeling I have something on for lesser make up days, even if it means I need extra moisturiser to make up for it!



Comments