Autumn Favourites

'These are a Few of My Favourite Things...' 

Well it is October and we are definitely fully immersed in Autumn now. Does everyone else love the gorgeous colours coming out? I know that nature is shedding and dying right now but it does it with such beauty that I can’t help but smile as I stroll down a leaf-strewn street. So, I thought it was about time I shared with you all some of my Autumn Favourites.


Beauty & Fashion

For a lot of people Autumn means berry lipstick so this year I have invested in a few shades to try out. I have also splurged on the NYX In Your Element Earth Palette. All 6 palettes look absolutely amazing and I had a tough time choosing just one, but I feel that the Earth palette has great autumnal shades that I can get plenty of use out of over the coming months. Keep your eyes peeled for an upcoming review!





Fashion-wise for me this season is all about chunky knit jumpers and ankle boots. My go-to clothing choice. So comfy! And I can pretend to myself that I am fashion-forward with my big blanket scarves on top – woohoo! I have relatively low self-esteem/minimal body positivity so when it gets to Autumn I can cuddle up in big cosy things that make me feel less exposed and much more comfortable.

Television

Right about now loads of American tv series’ are back from their mid-season breaks so I am watching loads of my faves again, such as Grey’s Anatomy, Family Guy and The Big Bang Theory. I love tv way too much so I spend a lot of my time yearning for these series’ to come back to me, and now I’m as happy as a pig in mud. Oink.
Another thing I’m watching at the moment in the new Great British Bake Off. I, like many others, was highly sceptical with the move to Channel 4 and the change of hosts and losing the glorious Mary Berry. I actually don’t mind it too much. I do find Noel and Sandi a little awkward, and Prue is no Mary, but all-in-all it’s the same programme with delicious looking food that always makes me hungry and impressed.

Fireworks Night

I have saved my favourite bit for last. My birthday is the day before Bonfire Night so fireworks have been a big part of my celebrations forever. Especially on years when Nov 5th falls on a Sunday and the town fireworks display gets moved to my birthday! Bonfires are great, fireworks are exciting, burger van food is delicious. And who doesn’t love a toffee apple?! (Sorry to all braces wearers). The only thing I do not like about this festivity are sparklers. When I was about 6 a spark flew into my eye and it scared me half to death and I have never got on board with them since – sorry sparkler lovers! I appreciate they look very nice from afar though!



What do you guys love about Autumn?
Anyone got any great fashion pieces I should try?

Let me know!

Comments