String Art Hobby

Happy Monday Everyone!

Today I wanted to share with you a hobby of mine that I’ve been developing over the past few months – String Art.

It’s something I discovered via Pinterest back in January and thought ‘ooh that looks nice, I’ll give it a go!’

So I did.

First I create a design on paper, then hammer the nails into the board, then finish up by wrapping the string in different patterns around the nails. It sounds quite a simple process but it takes quite some time, especially in larger intricate designs.

The first piece I tried out was small, cheap, just an experiment, so I bought the wooden boards for 50p each and some gold nails that I thought would look fancy, then I had some shiny string already that I could use. Unfortunately the colours are all quite similar and disappointing, but I thoroughly enjoyed making it so it continued!


For my second piece I used a spare shelf from an Ikea unit and made this fun hot air balloon design which has now found a home in a gorgeous little boy’s bedroom J

Since then I have made a few pieces for friends. A couple as gifts and a few as commissions. I find it so therapeutic and enjoyable that I hope I have many more to make in the near future!

Check out my facebook page Pins and String

Comments

  1. I love your art! I'm a painter, so I do a different genre of art (shannon-doe.com is my website under construction for my art) but it's still so cool to see others' work (:

    - Shannon | www.goingwithhappy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Aah amazing - I'll check it out!

      Gina'x

      Delete

Post a Comment