Job Interview OOTD


Last week I had a job interview which is not something I do often and I was quite anxious about wearing an appropriate outfit, so I thought I’d just run through it with you guys.

I’m not much of a skirt/dress person, and I have a tidy pair of black trousers already, so that was the bottom half sorted. So I just needed to sort out my top half.

A couple of months ago my friend Emily and I met up for a coffee and went shopping for an interview outfit for her. She found a lovely dress in M&S that she was really happy with. At the time I knew that I’d be applying for this job when the post became available and on that shopping trip I happened upon this grey blazer that I decided to get in preparation. It’s a really comfortable material and I think it looks smart whilst still showing some of my quirky personality.

So last week, knowing that I had my black trousers and my new grey blazer I just needed a respectable top to go with it all. Off to town I went.

I actually wore my blazer to town to make sure whatever I got went ok with it, check out my outfit:















After trawling through what felt like every shop on the planet, I went with this yellow asymmetric frill top from M&S (after getting a few people’s opinions!)














I teamed my outfit with this simple leather bag and black heels:
Thankfully on the day I felt very comfortable in my outfit, and even wore it to a baby shower later in the day after a jacket change. 
I still haven’t heard yet about the job so please keep your fingers crossed for me! 






Comments