Spring Favourites



‘These Are a Few of My Favourite Things…’




Happy Easter everyone!
I know it’s something people say every year, but I honestly cannot believe we are already in April! So I thought it was about time that I shared my Spring Favourites this year…

Nature

Daffodils!! I am of course biased being Welsh, but I love daffodils. I think they might actually be my favourite flower. I don’t know if it’s their sunshine-yellow petals, or the symbolism that winter is ending and the days are getting longer and lighter, but seeing daffodils bloom puts the biggest smile on my face. I love buying bunches to have in my home, and later on this year I plan on planting some in our new garden to bloom forever more! I hope. I’m terrible at gardening.

Television


Another of my favourite things about this time of year is the Rugby Six Nations Championship. I enjoy watching the sport but I’m not a big follower so I tend to just watch international games. I know, again, I am biased, but I truly think the Welsh National Anthem is one of the most passionate and moving anthems, especially when a stadium of tipsy Welsh rugby fans are belting it out!

A programme I’ve recently watched and really enjoyed is the latest series of Hunted. It’s a reality programme about 10 strangers who go on the run and a professional team of police and other authorities hunt them down, and if they make it to the rendezvous point after x-number of days they win a share of a £100,000 prize. It’s interesting to see how different people try and stay under the radar, and who is terrible at it! A friend of ours has actually applied to be on the next series with his brother so fingers crossed for them.

Books


In my Winter Favourites post I had just started reading ‘Turtles All The Way Down’ by John Green. I have now finished that book and also read ‘The Fault in Our Stars’ and ‘Looking For Alaska’. I am loving his books and plan on reading all of his novels this year.

Whilst waiting for my order of more John Green books to arrive I have started The Danish Girl by David Ebershoff. This book has recently been made into a film starring Eddie Redmayne –who I love- which I’d like to see, but wanted to read the book first. I luckily stumbled upon this copy in a charity shop. So far I feel the beginning is slightly rushed, but it’s progressing at a more believable pace now, and I’m finding it interesting seeing how people used to react to trans dressing – especially from a medical professional! I’m sure I’ll be putting up a review of it once I’ve finished both book and film.

I’m hoping this weather is going to improve soon!

What is everyone else enjoying at the moment?  

Comments