Jones Wedding

Last weekend a couple of good friends tied the knot and the boyf and I were fortunate enough to share the day with them.
I was a blubbering mess all day! I was crying the second the gorgeous bride stepped into the church, and I was completely dehydrated by the end of the emotional speeches! It was definitely an unforgettable day to say the least.
The wedding was in Usk, South Wales, with the ceremony in a beautiful church that I know is closely linked to the Jones family. As the couple are brass band players a band was a very important aspect for their day, and the band they assembled for the church was first class! I thoroughly enjoyed listening to every piece they played throughout the ceremony.
The reception was then in the castle grounds – wow! The view from the castle was breath-taking, and the food and drinks supplied were delicious and plentiful. The acoustic singer that was welcoming the guests to the reception, Becky Welton, was perfect for the occasion. Her soft, light voice matched the venue and situation so wonderfully, everyone was talking about how amazing she was. I must also mention the weather on that day was idyllic. It was the beginning of our heatwave last week, the sun shone all day long, and it definitely had an impact on everyone’s joyous mood.

One favourite detail of the day was a basket in the ladies’ toilets that was full of beauty goodies for the guests to use such as deodorant, sun cream, hair clips, breath mints and more. This was such a thoughtful touch to the day that I ended up using more than once!  

My Outfit

 Leading up to the big day I was having the typical nothing-to-wear dilemma, and I spent many hours trying on a number of outfits that were never quite right. I ended up getting a simple, floaty dress from Asda! It was comfortable, I loved the colour and it fitted me - that would do! I did contemplate wearing heels – more flattering, more girly – but I wasn’t sure how well that would go up at the castle and if you’ve read my last post you’ll know already that I love flip flops in the summer! I’m glad I opted for flats in the end because the bride spent most of the day shoe-less and it was a relaxed, comfortable atmosphere.

 


Every part of this day was perfect. Nothing could have been any better. Thank you Jamie and Katy for including us in your wonderful day.

Comments