Weekend Outings/Gaming Fail


My boyfriend is really into gaming. I think he’d happily be a professional gamer if the opportunity presented itself. And he’s really good at it.

The problem here is that I am not.

On Saturday morning the boyf, my friend and her boyf and I all went to have a look around the show houses of a new development that’s being built just down the road. I think my friend and her boyf were a bit more interested in the potential to buy there, I was just being nosy. It was a little disappointing though because all they had to show were 4 bedroom houses. I feel like if they’re boasting a range of 2-5 bed houses they should show one of each rather than three different layouts of the same sized house. Also it was the 3-bed houses we were most interested in and it turned out that all of these have already sold, so it was a bit of a waste really.

Saturday afternoon the boyf and I crossed the border to visit a couple of friends in Bristol. We only see them 2-3 times a year and they are a very fun couple to spend time with. We went bowling first off, played 2 games, the boys are both good and were fighting it out for champion, I’m pretty bad so I lost but I did get a few fluke strikes along the way!

Then we went back to their house and had lunch and made friends with their kitten who was adorable. Then we played some xbox games. Initially we played trivial pursuit which is fine by me – I love a quiz game and you only have to press one button at a time so I can handle that! But then we played a couple of games that are supposed to involve participation… I didn’t know how to play either of the games of course so for the most part I just tried to stay in the corner of the screen until each round was over and let the other 3 get on with it. It turns out it is quite anxiety-inducing to be in a room with 3 gamers expecting you to game with them. Not fun.

Luckily it wasn’t too long ‘til grumbling stomachs prevailed and we went out to Las Iguanas for dinner. It was delicious by that way! I think it was the first time that I had more than just cocktails there and it did not disappoint. I had lamb empanadas for started and then a coconut chicken main which were both outstanding and ended with clean plates.

We ended the day just watching a bit of background tv and chatting until we came home.

Yesterday the boyf and I tried a bit of gaming.
I’ve played the odd game now and then on a few different platforms, but I’ve never got into it and I’ve never been any good. And I can tell that this is quite frustrating for the boyf.

Yesterday we were playing Overcooked which is essentially a cookery game where you have to chop, cook and serve ingredients with different barriers on each level. I believe it can be single player but we played co-op, and in the end we had an argument basically because I’m so rubbish. I know that the answer here is to play some games in my own time to practice and improve, I just find it hard to motivate myself to when I know I’m going to be terrible at any game except for perhaps solitaire.

So if anyone is reading this I would appreciate it if you could suggest some easy games to start out with, cuz I have no idea…

P.S. it was the boyf's birthday last week so I made him these Nintendo Switch biscuits which turned out quite poorly, but he appreciated the thought! 

Comments