Winter Favourites

'These Are a Few of My Favourite Things...'

Merry Christmas everyone!
I am feeling so much joy over the recent snowfall! I know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea and it can be quite impractical, but I blumin’ love snow! It’s definitely feeling extra wintery right now so I thought it would be a perfect time to lay out my winter faves

Music

To be honest I don’t think there’s a particular song or artist that I am loving at the moment but my Mum bought me the Live Lounge 2017 CD which I have already put in my car for commute entertainment.

TV

Christmas episodes of everything are great right now! I really enjoyed The Great Christmas Bake Off on Christmas evening – despite it making me want to eat even more food after it! I have also been kind of binging some Christmas films at the moment. Love Actually of course, sang along to Frozen, and even snuggled up in front of The Holiday. So many great festive films out there!
Food
December is all about mince pies in my book! I look forward to them every year and they never disappoint. Another favourite of mine is pigs in blankets on Christmas Day, and then the leftovers on Boxing Day of course. Last but not least on the food front has to be chocolate. A chocolate a day form my advent calendar plus there always seems to be ten times more chocolate around; at work, at mum’s, everywhere!

Fashion

My winter fashion tends to be offensive Christmas jumpers… Fairisle patterns, bright colours, ever distasteful and garish. Perfect.
I know I mentioned this in my autumn favourites but I am still living in beautiful ankle boots. I even bought a new awesome pair today in the sales with some Christmas money. Ok maybe I like boots a little too much…

Books

I’m going to finish up with a couple of books I’ve been enjoying. Firstly The Beginning of The World in The Middle of The Night by Jen Campbell, of which I received a signed copy for my birthday courtesy of the boyf. It’s a beautifully bizarre collection of twisted fairy tales that I thoroughly enjoyed reading through- I would definitely recommend it.  
I am now reading Turtles All The Way Down by John Green which I saw as a recommendation from Booksandquills. I haven’t read that much of it yet but so far I am really enjoying it, so I think I’m gunna go read a bit more now….


Let me know what you’re all loving this season!

Comments